What is a Parent Coach?
- A Parent Coach is a certified professional who helps parents navigate, practical long-term solutions to parenting challenges.
- A coach will act as your sounding board and resource person for decisions that will greatly affect you and your child
- A coach asks key questions and offers specific suggestions to help you implement new attitudes and strategies in your life for you and your children.
- A coach can help foster greater communication with your children and parenting partner.
- Parent Coaching is a co-creative, non-judgmental process that empowers you with skills to live a more joyful, purposeful family life.
- A parent coach will help support you in your goals and aspirations for your family and your children.
- A parent coach works on supporting your self care to enhance your well being and manage your stress. You will learn to identify activities & practices that support your health and happiness.
Parent Coaching vs Therapy
- Therapy addresses issues in a client’s background and seeks to work through those issues by looking in the past and addressing what is wrong
- Therapy usually focuses on emotional healing. A client’s energy is usually tied up with past wounds.
- Parent coaching looks forward, deals in the present & seeks to enhance greater fulfillment in your relationships within your family
- Parent Coaching seeks improvement through action steps towards your goals
- Parent Coaching works to ensure the client has sufficient energy and resolve